Friday, July 29, 2011

Seeing The Magic


Sometimes it's just too much.

All of our anxieties and concerns. All of our pressures and expectations. All of those obstacles in life that harass and injure us can sometimes completely engulf us.

Now and again, they viciously strike with no warning and with no remorse or sympathy to you or those you care about. The resulting emotional bloodbath demoralizes you and surrounds you with uncertainty.

But there are also those times - many as there are during our brief existence - where the beauty of life shines forth brilliantly.

How magical.

As I scribble this, savoring a gorgeous and unabated sunset from my seat, the wonder of the Earth slowly but surely reignites itself. I can do no else but peacefully admire the changing hues of the sky as the golden brown light settles for the night. It is at this moment when I remember this humble fact:

I will truly miss all this when I pass. And I must do all I can to appreciate its beauty --

41,000 feet above the Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment